INCLUDE_DATA
// you’re reading...

Babies

Infidelity Strikes: Jon & Kate Plus 8

05/08/09 UPDATE: According to Us Weekly, Jon is infact having an affair!

“In the new issue of Us Weekly (on newsstands Wednesday), five people close to the situation - including two relatives of the other woman - confirm that Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad Jon Gosselin, 32, has been having an affair with third grade school teacher Deanna Hummel.

The most explosive blow-by-blow details are revealed by Deanna’s older brother - and roommate - Jason, who tells Us Weekly that he is speaking out now to set the record straight and to protect his naive sister.”

“At the Hummel house, Jason says Deanna and Jon would “pretty much stay locked away like two teenagers. It was weird. He’s a grown man. He also adds, “A lot of the time, it was pretty, um, gross listening to her, you know, um — how do I say this? The walls are thin. Let’s just say that. I mean, no one wants to hear his sister having sex, let alone with a married dude who’s, like, almost twice her age and who has eight kids and a maybe-crazy wife. Ick. Nast.”

ORIGINAL POST:

What’s this I’m hearing that the calm, cool, chilled, quiet Jon Gosselin is cheating on his wife with some college girls? Specifically, some ladies on a volley ball team in a local college in PA. According to media, he has been going out night, after night, hanging at sport bars and getting drunk. In some cases, playing beer pong with these ladies. Hmm…

I remember when the show first aired. My family & I were glued to the TV. In fact, we had the show Tivo’d because we didn’t want to miss an episode. This was going to be our “guilty pleasure,” a “new obsession.” We were looking forward to enjoying the show because they seemed like a young couple, and we thought, “Holy cow! Eight kids under the age of five? That’s insane!” I definitely wanted to see the craziness and chaos unravel.

That excitement quickly fizzled for me. A few shows into the first season, and Kate started to get on my last nerves. It was a bitter-sweet feeling because I really enjoyed watching the kids. They were a crack up. I adored the kids. They were so fun to watch and just too cute. Jon? He was super cool and laid back too.

However, Kate was just a constant disrespect to her husband. In my opinion.

She’d cut him off when it was his time to talk. Constantly yell at him, and was just plain rude and nasty to him. She publicly humiliated this man. To me, Kate completely came off as this control freak that had to have the last word, and was always right. Darn, was that harsh? Sorry, Kate. I’m sure the whole show is scripted *wink* *wink.* In any case, that rubbed me the wrong way, and I lost interest.

So, when this infidelity news surfaced, I was shocked! Quiet, calm, naive, passive Jon…cheating? That can’t be possible. Never! But you know, at the same token, I don’t put this past him or anyone for that matter. As shocking as it may seem, I have heard that the quiet ones are the deadliest. I am, by no means, validating this story. It could be a rumor for all I know. Neither Jon nor Kate have issued a public statement, so I am just basing this on good ol’ internet news.

Whether I liked Kate on the show or not, no one deserves to be cheated on. No one! Whether you don’t have any kids, have eight kids, or seventeen kids. It is completely cowardly. I can’t help but to be puzzled and wonder what could have driven Jon to this. Is he stressed? Did he finally hit a wall? Does he just want to be normal without living his life in front of the camera? Is he not getting laid? Does he now want a “trophy” girlfriend/wife? What?

I still don’t think any of the potential reasons above suffice. If anything, he should have confronted his wife, and they should have amicably split or sorted it out. Hurting the person you love(d) and the mother of your 8 kids in such manner is simply immature (I use the word “immature”, for the sake of being respectful).

Related Posts

Discussion

17 comments for “Infidelity Strikes: Jon & Kate Plus 8”

1. WOW!!! Where is the time with 8???
    But infidelity is alive and real, sad but true. I wish them all the best.

Posted by Remi Fagbohun | March 9, 2009, 7:05 am
  2. Well I really enjoy watching the show, and what’s all this rumer about Jon cheating on Kate??? It would never happen, they are a very happy loving family yeah sure they have their beefs… but doesn’t everyone? And why does everyone keep saying that Kate is the mean one? She has a lot on her plate with 8 kids, I personally think she rocks.

Posted by sylvia | March 10, 2009, 2:48 pm
  3. When I first read the title I thought it said “infertility strikes: Jon & Kate plus 8″ and I thought ‘why is that a bad thing with 8 children?’(olorun dari ese jimi) - then I read it again and read properly that it was “infidelity”…lol! Maybe the stress of living in front of the camera and not being able to be free - in the privacy of your home - to express your emotions and with as well as 8 children and all the joys/stresses they bring; that may have been the push. Not condoning it and not even understanding it, just thinking of the ‘why’? Maybe they need to work on their marriage and family life outside the cameras lens - in addition to therapy. With 8 kids, it wouldn’t be fair to the kids to just throw in the towel and walk away.

Posted by Buki Forteau | March 10, 2009, 6:12 pm
  4. @ Remi- It is quite alive, unfortunately.

@ Sylvia- Glad you feel that way about Kate, however, we are all entitled to our own opinions. If they are “a very happy loving family”, then that’s awesome. Wishing them nothing but the best.

@ Buki- The first part of your comment is hilarious. Everything inside me is hoping & wishing that it is a rumor. I just don’t see Jon doing this, but unfortunately, I saw the pics on another blog and I refused to post it on here. If it’s true, like you said, I hope they can work it out, and wish them luck.

Posted by Folake Kuye Huntoon | March 10, 2009, 7:28 pm
  5. With the way she treats him I wonder what took him so long. He needs to walk out for at least a month and go have some fun (WITHOUT THE SCHREW) and then she will see just how much he does.
    I myself hate the show. I only catch bits and pieces my wife forces me to watch to show me how fortunate I am to have a wife like her and not KATE.
    my wife hates the show as well and only watches to see how hateful she can get to John, as well as ungrateful she is to TLC for the big break she was given. Ne home, cars, clothing, even dogs. Is anything ever NOT given to them? And in the closing of season 4 all her and John do is talk about how bad they have it…PLEASE! We should all have it so bad. Hey TLC… How about giving another INGRATE a shot at being so miserable? I hear Nadia Solomon is looking for a show. You could call it “The Nadia Solomon Show” or “Nadia and 14″.
    I used to like TLC but my wife and John & Kate have turned my stomach on it.

Posted by Roger | March 24, 2009, 7:54 pm
  6. […] Something tells me it has to do with my previous post. […]

Posted by WeWe Clothing | Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Follow Up | March 25, 2009, 6:31 am
  7. Roger, thanks for stopping by. The second part of your comment was hilarious. I thought the same thing. TLC totally gave them a break. Let’s not talk about all the free stuff they continue to get. It’s been 4yrs and counting since they’ve been in the “limelight” and he is now complaining? Please. Nadia does need her OWN show. Lol.

Posted by Folake Kuye Huntoon | March 27, 2009, 4:39 pm
  8. I absolutely LOVE the way Jon & Kate discipline their kids & I wish ALL parents would discipline their kids just like they do. However, Kate is SO MEAN to Jon. I’m suprised he has put up with it as long as he has. I don’t blame him for even considering leaving her - he should leave her. NO ONE deserves to be treated the way he is being treated. I understand that 8 kids is a very stressful job, but she is just so nasty to him. She has such a short leash on him and she has him whooped.

Posted by Unknown | April 2, 2009, 8:04 pm
  9. IF IT IS TRUE THEN ITS **** UP BECASUE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND THE WALK OUT ON NOT ONLY THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE SO EVERYONE THOUGHT BUT THE KIDS THEY ARE THE ONES IN PAIN THE MOST ALL THOSE WHOM DISS ON KATE OR JOHN THINK ABOUT THE KIDS NOT THEM THEY ARE MORE IMPORTANT.

Posted by MARIA | April 5, 2009, 7:58 pm
  10. EVEN IF KATE WAS BEING A BITCH ON THE LAST SHOW LOOK AT YOUR SELF YOU ARE NOT THE SAME AS YOUR WERE LAST YEAR. I KNOW THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE BECASUE KIDS CHANGE THEY HAVE TO THATS LIFE AND IF YOUN LOOK AT IT THEY ARE TRYING TO BE GOOD PARENTS. IF KATE DOSE NOT PUT HER FOOT DOWN ALL THE TIME THEN THE KIDS WOULD DO WANT THEY WANT ALL THE TIME. AND THAT DOSE NOT GIVE JOHN A REASON TO LOOK FOR SOMEONE OTHER THEN HIS WIFE. HE SHOULD HAVE HIS KIDS FIRST THEN OTHER WOMEN IF HE WANTS ONE AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT 1ST TALK TO THE ONE U HAVE

Posted by MARIA | April 5, 2009, 8:03 pm
  11. I only watched two episodes. The one about Jon getting the hair transplant. What a boring show! And I watched the Globe trotters show. Kate has such an attitude and likes to belittle Jon a great deal. For heavens sake don’t renew that show we’ve had enough!

Posted by shirley parish | April 9, 2009, 3:29 pm
  12. Are you kidding me? It is a part of human nature to want to be loved and respected and adored and given attention - including sexual attraction. I am not making excuses for Jon. But your first diatribe defended your disgust after only watching a few episodes - TRY LIVING WITH HER!

Try, no one stepping up for you and everyone giving in to the attention your wife is demanding. Try going from a young, adventureous, viral man, to “Kate’s husband”. He barely gets to be “the dad” unless it’s HER way of being a dad. She gets to yell at him any way she wants, but he can’t be a dad, and be stern with his children? Or just have a bad day? Kids need to see how we handle not being perfect.

It’s not right to cheat, but it’s not right to be dishonest about the reasons and the responsibility of ALL parties - including the wife’s. That’s just the truth.

HOMESCHOOLING MOTHER OF SIX
    MARRIED 19 YEARS

Posted by Cheryl Floyd | April 29, 2009, 1:33 pm
  13. I wanted to add also, if Jon is unhappy doing the show as he stated in the last season, Kate should not be so quick to want to keep doing it. It can’t just be about her all the time. You get married to become a “we” not “she”. Too often women make the whole relationship about them, their needs, their struggles. If it were the other way around, and Jon wanted to keep doing the show even if it was stressing Kate out, we would all label him a selfish shovenist pig. But no one is really waving that kind of banner of Kate. When you are married, you put each other first - THAT is the best thing you can do for your kids. Kids don’t come first in a marriage, relationship does. That is how infidelity happens so often - someone dropped the relationship-ball. TLC + stuff ain’t worth ya marriage, Kate!

Posted by Cheryl Floyd | April 29, 2009, 1:40 pm
  14. If Jon was unhappy, he had the right and responsibility to stand up for his unhappiness. He did not, regardless of what did or didn’t go down in their marriage, have the right to trash the marriage or his vows and promises. To blame the marriage for Jon’s choice is absurd and just gives more claim to the adulterer as victim mentality. Please. He’s a grown man fully capable of ending his marriage without cheating if the marriage is so bad. Chances are, like so many men, he didn’t cheat because he wanted to end the marriage, but because he has *no* intention of ever ending the marriage and went looking for something to prop up his little boy ego.

Infidelity is a character flaw, not a result of “mistreatment.”

Posted by Lori | April 30, 2009, 8:21 am
  15. Sooner or later this was going to happen. Kate is just SO mean to him! Who can stand being in a house full of rules -her rules- all the time. When there is a space for a third person in a marriage, something is wrong. Kate is just too rude and careless with Jon. He deserves to be loved by someone else!

Posted by Maria | May 9, 2009, 7:04 am
  16. Some of you are making Jon out to be the victim here which is just not the case. So what if Kate has out of control rules and has a very dominate personality. If this whole thing with Jon is true, well then I actually feel sorry for Kate. If things were so bad in their marriage don’t you thing they would have already seperated? Ofcourse someone will say they are staying together for the children however I believe that Jon going out and cheatinga on Kate is 10 times worse than a divorce. The real victims here are the children. Just think how screwed up they are going to be later on in life from all this drama now. If Jon wanted out he could have gotten out I personally love the show and the children, I get a good laugh. As I said Kate isn’t the bad person here, she didn’t cheat Jon did. Who cares what drove him to do it he did it and it’s done and he will have to deal with the repercutions.

Posted by Kristen | May 9, 2009, 9:04 pm
  17. I have to agree, If….. Jon did cheat on Kate he is not the victim. Kate may not be pleasantly fake, like most people on TV are. But she loves her husband and children and that is very clear on all episodes. We don’t know what she is feeling or why she may be upset. I can relate to wanting more help with my 4 kids and more undrestanding from my husband of 10 years. Good luck Jon and Kate.

Posted by Kris | May 12, 2009, 11:12 am