INCLUDE_DATA
// you’re reading...

Babies

Ijinle

“Ijinle” is the name/title of the new collection. Ijinle, which means “the roots” or “authentic” in Yoruba, couldn’t be more appropriate. Yesterday, amongst other news announced, we mentioned doing some soul searching, which resulted in a decision to go back to our roots; where it all began. That’s what you are getting with the new collection.

The pretty and fun ankara fabrics and adire (tie dye) carefully selected, designed by Creative Director, Folake Kuye Huntoon. “It’s all about the kids having fun and being free spirited. Their clothes should always compliment their feelings”, she said.

We’ll keep you updated every step of the way until we launch the Ijinle collection in a few weeks. We are currently in Production, well, finalizing the patterns, so stay tuned, Lovers!

Cheers,

WeWe Team

Random Posts

Discussion

11 comments for “Ijinle”

1. Looking ffwd»!

Posted by Debbie Edwards | March 9, 2010, 2:01 pm
  2. Sounds great Team WeWe!
    Can you tell me how you say “ljinle” please!

Posted by Theodora Holt | March 9, 2010, 2:02 pm
  3. Great job Folake…..very proud of you…..let’s get together soon!!!!

Posted by Trixie Johnson | March 9, 2010, 2:03 pm
  4. I can’t wait to see the Ijinle collection!!! Keep up the good work. I was thinking of you and told myself I need to check out your site and see what new stuff you have. I hope you have more stuff for boys above the age of 5 or plan to have some. My 4 year old can wear your stuff but my 7 year old is another story.

Posted by Kwavi Christy Agbeyegbe | March 9, 2010, 2:05 pm
  5. Guys, you’re not going to believe this line. Folake has really, really hit the mark with this stuff. The fabrics are amazing, colorful, and the perfect embodiment of the words “roots” and “authentic”. I’m so proud. :)

Posted by Greg Huntoon | March 9, 2010, 2:07 pm
  6. Yessss… I can’t wait!

Ijinle pam pam… ;)

Posted by Misola Solarin | March 9, 2010, 3:33 pm
  7. ahahahhahahah!sista gbemi, your CRAZYY!it’s Ijinle gon gon, awa omo yoruba!!Sista Folake i freaking miss you!!Gbemi, you not so much sha!!!!much love

Posted by Zuli Pooli Wouli Alao | March 9, 2010, 6:10 pm
  8. “Ijinlebambam” says my almost eleven years old daughter, Folake we are looking forward to seeing them.

Posted by Mojisola Akinola | March 9, 2010, 6:41 pm
  9. Looking forward to buying from the Ijinle collection Folake. Pls let me know as soon as your collection is out. So glad at how supportive Greg is. Greg, ku itoju omo wa o! :-)

Posted by Hafsat Abiola-Costello | March 10, 2010, 4:06 am
  10. Thank you all so much. Really appreciate it.

@ Theo - Ijinle = E-Gin-Leh :)

@ Kwavi - Oh, 7 yr old & above, tend to have their own style going on :) It’s difficult to convince them. Happy belated birthday, btw. Missed it :(… See More

@ Hafsat - Greg is the sh*t! :) Will definitely keep you posted.

Again, thanks all - for your continued support!

Posted by Folake Kuye Huntoon | March 10, 2010, 4:13 pm